Friday, September 21, 2007

Tragedy at Del State

I saw this on the news this morning and haven't heard much about it other than what has been put on the national news. Two students were shot, one seriously, at Delaware State University. While anything I would say about this would be pure speculation, I will simply provide the links and say no more. Given the tragedies that have already struck the campus prior to the start of this semester, this sort of thing can't be too great for recruiting. Nevertheless, it is very sad. Hopefully these "persons of interest" are caught soon.

At the same time, however, I wonder how the events of this morning will affect Race Weekend, since the racetrack is practically across the street and a quarter million Nascar fans are expected to pour into the Monster Mile to watch over the next 72 hours. This sort of perfect storm of sorts must be a state and local police nightmare, and a media field day. I can only hope it is relatively quiet.

No comments: