Tuesday, April 1, 2008

These funeral stickers on the back of people's cars - enough already

Certainly people mourn in different ways and they can mourn in any way they want. I fail to understand, however, how these car stickers with "in memory of..." accomplish this task. Personally, I see them as pretty tacky. To each his own, I suppose. My point is simply to ask rhetorically, at what point do these memoriam stickers extend their stay? I would answer that if you had to order these custom stickers, the time has passed before you've even put it on the car.

Speaking of other ways you can devalue your car, I also saw a questionable sticker ad for some toy company while I was sitting behind some car at a light the other day. It seems to be for a kid's toy company, but the decal was a skull and crossbones. To me, this sends a mixed message, unless the sticker was operating to generate negative advertising. I can't remember the name of the company other than it was a toy company in Delaware, so it obviously wasn't that effective.

Enough with the bumper stickers/rear windshield stickers "in memory of" someone the driver knew. I can't be the only person who would rather be remembered in other ways when my time on the roads of 13 are passed.

In other news, I hear the General Assembly broke even on their gambling venture of which I mentioned yesterday. Probably the best they could hope for.

No comments: