Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Gallons per mile versus Miles per gallon

CNN ran an article that NPR had reported on last week. It suggests a way of thinking of gas mileage in longer terms by looking at gallons per mile instead of the more traditional miles per gallon. It's along the same lines of my gas saving suggestions from the other week.

I also saw that the Bluewater Wind Power contract finally seems to be a done deal. While I have yet to see exactly how much 200 megawatts is compared to the total energy grid (preferably as a percentage), at least on its surface it would seem to be a way of saving money. It also gives me some ideas for a greater energy policy the next governor or president can tout, and I'll have to think about that a little more and write about it another time.

No comments: