Tuesday, September 14, 2010

On the cusp of the Delaware primary: Castle (will) win

I have been asked to weigh in on the O'Donnell-Castle primary and for a number of reasons, I choose to decline comment at this time. As fun as it is getting roto-dialed by Sarah Palin, I cast my vote this morning for Castle. Nice try tea party express, but Delaware is different.

Contrary to the RCP poll which puts O'Donnell up 47-44, I highly doubt it will be that close. Election results will be posted on the Department of Election website. I note that while turnout in these primaries is historically low, I have no doubt that it will be enough for Castle to win the nomination. If for some reason he does not, Coons will win in November by an unprecedented landslide.

Apologies also for my long delay in posting. For a number of reasons, I have chosen to remain silent as far as internet posting. Over the next couple of months, however, I plan on returning and posting once again. Until then.

3 comments:

Anonymous Delawarean said...

With 81% reporting, it seems that I may be eating my words. We'll see. It is closer than I thought it was, that's for sure.

Anonymous Delawarean said...

What is interesting, if you break down the results by county, it is fascinating how high the turnout was downstate as compared to upstate. Setting aside what this suggests about the way news is distributed in Delaware, it will be interesting to see how this plays out in a few weeks.

Bluesplashy said...

I, like you, am surprised at the results. Using some of your old numbers from a blog here I figured about 1/4 to 1/3 republicans turned out to vote. I know some family members were mad at Castle for leaving the house where he had seniority and could do some good for Delaware. They didn't care that O'Donnell would win (even after agreeing she was wacky) they figure she will lose in the end. I think the results have been skewed by a bunch of out-of-staters moving in!