Monday, December 10, 2007

Old Delaware Days

I've been pretty busy lately, but I did have a chance to go to the Old Dover Days celebration last week and got a brief tour of the Old State House grand reopening. Apparently it is going to be open to the public; it's a pretty historic building (as most buildings on the Green are), and I recommend visiting it to everyone. More about the building's history was written in an earlier article in the State news and on the State's history website.

Inside, the building has been restored to its original colors and you can see the governor's side, the old court, and the House and Senate chambers. There is also a giant painting of George Washington. Overall, I believe the historic society did a superb job fixing this up. Now, to get someone to reopen the Golden Fleece Tavern (either in its original location or somewhere near Legislative Hall and we'll be set. More information about the Golden Fleece Tavern and other historic sites around the Green are linked here.

My hectic schedule should be settling down again this week; I have plenty to talk about, starting with an interesting couple of blogging comments that were in the paper the other day. I still haven't found them online, but they appear pretty short, so I'll put them online soon and add my two cents in.


No comments: