Sunday, December 16, 2007

Winter weather sets in and slow drivers

Unfortunately, this weather doesn't do too much other than make my electric bill higher. I went down to the beach over the weekend to do some Christmas shopping and am amazed by the lack of shoppers (as compared to Dover, where it's easier to exit the mall on 13 and get on Rt. 1 south to go south than fight the lights.

Why is it that drivers passing on the right (as they should) don't speed up to pass, but instead, choose to go one mile an hour faster than the car they are passing, and hence, slow down everyone else who is trying to get to where they are going? Sometimes I wish I was in a marked police car so that I could flash my lights and get them to clear the roadway. Maybe that's what the Camden and Dover police (and state police for that matter) should be doing from 4-6 PM on major routes instead of allowing painfully slow drivers to impede the progress of one's ride home.

Nothing else this time other than a mild complaint about the weather. I have recently had the opportunity to check out the movie theater in Dover (at the mall) as well as the movie theater at the beach, and without question, the $9 at Rehoboth is far worth it compared to the $8.50 at Dover. There is no describing how terrible the Dover Mall Carmike theater is, other than awful.

No comments: